On my opinion hot soups and stews are one of the best things to stay warm.Those dishes aren`t just great on a cold winter day,but also during spring time,when you need something hot after having underestimated the temperature outside and wearing an absolutely insufficient covering outfit.
Second stews are pretty much easy to make,without a lot of effort.Most of the time,I make a stew,I just threw everything inside,that I can find in my kitchen.This also makes it a good meal to reuse your leftovers.
Have I give you enough reasons,why you should try one,why I`m posting a stew recipe and why they are awesome?!
What you need:
- 1 red pepperoni,cut into middle sized pieces
- 1 yellow pepperoni,cut into middle sized pieces
- 1 zucchini,cut into thin slices
- 10 black or green olives,without stones and cut into little pieces or thin slices
- 10 cherry tomatoes,cut into halves
- 1 to 2 Alaskan Sea salmon fillets
- 500g (about 15 to 20 ounces) sugo of tomatoes or tomato soup
- 1 to 2 dill branches
- 1 dice of vegetable broth,dissolved in a bit of water
- rape oil
- 1 to 2 tea spoons fish broth
- and any spices and herbs you like
Put 2 tablespoons rape oil in a pan and add all the vegetable ingredients.Steam for about 5 minutes on middle heat.Then add all the other ingredients,except the fish and cook on low heat and covered.
Heat 2 tablespoons rape oil in a frying pan.As soon as the oil is hot,add your fish fillets and bake them with the dill on every side till the outside is gold brown and the inside has a strong white color.Dab the fish fillets with a paper napkin to get rid of surplus oil and crumble the fillets into middle sized pieces.
Add the fish and the dill to your already cooking ratatouille and add all the spices and herbs you want to.I love to use a lot of spices and herbs,I can`t even name them all.
Cook for 15 to 20 minutes on low heat and covered.
Serve your ratatouille-fish stew with toasted bread and enjoy the warm feeling spreading from your stomach through your body!