The beautiful color beetroot gives your food is already reason enough to start cooking with this ingredient. Who doesn`t like pink food! Rice is very suitable for this purpose, as it will soak in all the amazing color that the beetroot provides. But of course there are many other possibilities to choose from, like smoothies, different juices or salads for example. But I guess we kind of all can`t say no to some creamy, cheese topped risotto, that`s why I decided to stick with this dish.
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- 100g risotto rice
- 500ml water
- salt to your taste
- black pepper to your taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 150g beetroot, cut into little pieces
- 30g grated Gruyere cheese
- pour canola oil into a pan and heat. Add the finely chopped onions. If they sizzle the oil has the right temperature.
- add the risotto rice and cook both until the onions get transparent looking.
- pour in the water and reduce the temperature to low heat.
- add salt and pepper to your taste and the beetroot pieces.
- cook on low heat whilst constantly stirring until the rice gets a creamy consistency.
- add pressed garlic and mix well.
- serve on a plate and sprinkle over the grated cheese.
So far I`m looking into more dishes using beetroot. Anyone having any ideas that you would like to share?
Read you soon,